go here Great cornbread recipe from my mother-in-law. I made a couple of changes… namely, the addition of canned green chiles and going with muffins instead of one big pan. This recipe is fantastic: the cornbread muffins are crispy and buttery on the outside, moist (and buttery) on the inside. Dry Ingredients:
- 1 C flour
- 1 C cornmeal
- 1 TBS baking powder (make sure it’s fresh, opened within the past 3 months)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 C milk
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 6 oz canned green chilis, diced
diclofenac tabletten 100mg rezeptfrei Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Spoon about 1 tsp melted butter into each of 18 muffin cups. Then use a paintbrush (or just your finger) to coat the sides of each cup. (Yes, this recipe makes 18 muffins, not 24. Don’t try to get all the batter into 12 cups… you’ll regret it.)
- Pour all wet ingredients (milk, egg, green chilis, and the remaining butter) on top of the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon the batter equally into each of the 18 muffin cups. (I usually spoon a heaping tablespoon of batter into each cup, then go back and even the cups out with the remaining batter.)
- Bake for about 10 minutes. The sides of the muffins should be golden brown and crispy and a toothpick should come out clean; however, if you get the muffins to brown on top, they’re likely overdone.